|Side view of a walnut pincushion.|
Brief Description: These tiny walnut pincushions make unique gifts. Trifles like these also are excellent additions to miniature collections and novelty boxes.
- one cleaned walnut split in half and hollowed out.
- tiny pincushion template
- decorative button
- small handful of cotton stuffing
- a small swatch of woven check or plaid
- tacky white glue
- Cut a piece of woven check fabric after drawing around the template provided. (3 inch diameter circle)
- Sew a loose straight stitch around the edge of the fabric circle.
- Gently pull the end of the thread in order to create a pouch for the cotton to be stuffed.
- Stuff the cotton in firmly and sew the edges tightly down around the stuffing.
- Sew on a button for decoration.
- Stuff the walnut half with cotton and then glue the tiny pin cushion on top of the walnut.
|Top view of a walnut pincushion.|
|Circular template may be sized to three|
inched across in a Word Document.