|A side view of my circular box.|
Brief Description: This paper mache box was modeled after a Shaker band box I think. I painted it with a traditional Pennsylvania Dutch pattern.
- prefabricated circular paper box
- red, black, yellow, and white acrylic paints
- tiny soft paint brush
- acrylic sealer
- Paint the entire outside of the box, including the lid, with red paint. Let it dry
- Use the template below to lightly sketch the pattern on top of the lid.
- Paint the sketch black and let the design dry.
- Then add the painted yellow highlights and let these dry completely.
- Lastly, paint the white highlighted areas.
- This particular box had a delicate raised pattern already embossed on the sides. I simply painted the swirly floral pattern with the same colors used on the lid.
- After the entire box was painted I then lightly dry brushed a bit of grey around the lid's edges to suggest an "aged" appearance for the box.
Additional Suggestions: Don't forget to spray your final piece with an acrylic sealer.
|The "Shaker" like box as seen from above.|
|This template may be downloaded and sized in a|
word document to fit the above measurements.
photographs and written craft pages copyrighted by Grimm 2011