Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blooming With God's Word for Sunday School Bulletin Boards

Young students may cut out the stem, leaves and centers of the flowers. Each child either writes his own name on the center of his or her flower or the teacher may choose to take a photo of the student and cut this out in a circle shape to create the center of the flower. Then the teacher staples these to the bulletin board. Over the passing of several Sundays, petals with the scriptural references will be added around each flower's center as the student successfully memorizes his or her verses. Do not make all of the verses too difficult for little ones to manage; choose age appropriate verses. Some students find memorizing scriptures very difficult and some of them have additional learning problems that Sunday School teachers are not always made aware of. Be very careful to invest and encourage all your small charges in the building of their flowers. In kindergarten, students may have their feelings hurt by not filling out their flowers as easily as others!

Scripture verses that can be memorized by students who are either five or six years of age:
  • Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 
  • Deuteronomy 6:5 - You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.  
  • Isaiah 43:5 - Do not be afraid for I am with you. 
  • Isaiah 54:13 - All your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be your children's peace.
  • Psalm 1:6 - The LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. 
  • Psalm 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 
  • Psalm 23:1 - The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 
  • Psalm 34:14 - Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
  • Psalm 103:8 - The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
  • Psalm 118:24 - This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
  • Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
  • Psalm 136:1 - Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
  • Psalm 139:14 - I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
  • Proverbs 20:11 - Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right.
  • Proverbs 30:5 - Every word of God proves true. 
  • Matthew 1:21 - She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus because he will save his people from their sins. 
  • Matthew 6:24 - No one can serve two masters.
  • Matthew 22:37 - Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  
  • Matthew 22:39 - You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
  • Mark 10:14 - Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
  • Luke 6:31 - Do to others as you would have them do to you.
  • John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  • John 6:35 - 'I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.' 
  • John 8:12 - Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
  • John 10:11 - I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
  • John 10:14 - I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me. 
  • John 14:6 - Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." 
  • Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  
  • 1 Corinthians 10:31 - Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.
  • Ephesians 6:1 - Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 
  • Philippians 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
  • Philippians 4:13 - I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
  • Hebrews 12:1 - ...let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  
  • I Peter 5:7 - Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
  • 1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  
  • I John 3:16 - This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
  • I John 4:7-8 - Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment