Wednesday, February 19, 2014

the elements of pop-ups

      “With this book you will be able to touch, see, and study each of the elements of pop-ups as they are designed to work. You will be able to see exactly how each score folds and how each glue point is to be glued. You will be able to work and view each mechanic. Don’t be afraid to take these pop-ups apart. Just promise to put them back together!”

      I want to teach my students about the mechanics of pop-ups but, I don’t want them to destroy the lovely samples that I have in my collection. I purchased the copy from a local Barnes & Nobel in order to prevent this type of curious destruction. I think it will help along with a selection of youtube videos.

      By David A Carter and James Diaz, Copyright 1999 by Little Simon, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing Division

Related Articles Published by Simon & Schuster:

 Some of the world's best examples of pop-up books have 
gone on display to the public at the National Library of Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment