This frame was decoupaged with pages from
a book called, "Herold and The Purple Crayon"
On a very rare occasions, I use old books
for craft projects such as these. This particular
volume had been "loved to death" so to speak.
I needed to replace it with a newer copy
and so I recycled it into an art projectappropriate for a child's room.
Brief Description: Even favorite books from childhood may be given new life in a decoupage art project. This one was from my husband's collection. It was literally falling apart at the seams and the pages were darkening from the acid content in the paper.
- one very old copy of "Herold and The Purple Crayon"
- a purple crayon
- Mod Podge
- tacky glue for the crayon
- a prefabricated frame with a smooth, clean surface
- Cut and layer the Mod Podge according to the directions on the container.
- If you are worried about the surface of the frame being a little to slick, simple rough it up a bit with a small piece of sandpaper.
- Do not remove the protective paper of the crayon before adhering it to the frame. Waxy surfaces are near to impossible to glue to any other surface. You may need to hold the crayon in place for awhile until it sticks to the frame.
- Use words from the story on the frame too!
photographs and written craft pages copyrighted by Grimm 2011
Craft More Decoupaged Frames: