|Two glass bottle decoupaged|
with old stamps.
Brief Description: This is a perfect project for used postage stamps. As long as these are not valuable, why not use them to decoupage a vase or two? These little vases display nicely on top of a bookcase or antique wooden desk.
- many handfuls of used postage stamps
- a small, clean and dry glass bottle
- Mod Podge glossy or mat
- twine for bottle lip (optional)
- old paint brush
- wood glue
- Wash and dry the glass bottle
- Cover a small area with Mod Podge using an old paint brush
- Layer stamps randomly on top of the glue.
- Paint another layer of glue on top of those same stamps and cover a new area and then repeat the same step
- After the glue dries, glue on a felt bottom to prevent scratches on furniture. Use wood glue to add this felt.
Additional Suggestions: Mod Podge dries very clear so do not become concerned about how the end product will look.
|Glue on a felt bottom with the wood glue only. Clip the|
edges after the felt dries to give it a cleaner appearance.
photographs and written craft pages copyrighted by Grimm 2011
More crafting with postage stamps:
Patioelf shows you how to crystalize bottles & jars.