A handbag, or purse in American English, is a handled medium-to-large bag that is often fashionably designed, typically used by women, to hold personal items such as wallet/coins, keys, cosmetics, a hairbrush, pepper spray, cigarettes, mobile phone etc.
Types of Handbags:
- Clutch, a small, yet long (rectangular), evening bag without a handle
- Satchel, a soft-sided case usually of leather, used to carry papers or books; usually has a handle and often has a strap
- Duffle bag, a large bag usually used for travel or sports
- Tote, a medium to large bag with two straps
- Messenger bag, a bag with a long strap to be worn across the body
- Sling bag, a bag with a long strap (similar to a messenger bag), yet smaller
- Laptop purse, a medium to large bag that contains a padded interior compartment or sleeve for protecting a laptop computer.
- Camera bag, to carry photographic equipment
- Cosmetic bag, to hold cosmetics
- Half moon bag, a bag shaped like a half moon
- Muff, a winter bag made of real or faux fur, wool or velvet that has zippered compartments and a slip opening for hands
- Shoulder bag, a bag with a shoulder strap
Make your own handbags, backpacks, purses and wallets etc... Here are some really terrific ideas for teaching textile design to teens coming soon.
- Make a handbag from an old book
- Make a Messenger Bag Out of Trash Bags
- Make a Wallet Out of Tape
- Make a T-Shirt Bag
- Make T-Shirt Tote Bag Tutorial