Tuesday, January 28, 2014

my professional development portfolio

"He has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so." Walter Lippmann

      I maintain this web journal in order to communicate with administrators, art educators, colleagues, students and parents on a daily basis. I've listed below a detailed description of it's contents. For Administrators: The following papers describe my certification experience. My completed journal for certification may also be viewed electronically at LiveText by private invitation only. I have also uploaded my personal education philosophy here for administrators to review. The following list links to 11 MoSTEP articles describing my qualifications in the field of art education. In time all artifacts included in my private portfolio will be accessible through these same links as well.
  1. Knowledge of Subject Matter
  2. Human Development and Learning
  3. Individualization and Diversity
  4. Curriculum and Planning
  5. Instructional Strategies
  6. Classroom Motivation and Management
  7. Communication Skills
  8. Assessment of Student Learning
  9. Professional Development and Reflective Practice
  10. Ethics, Relationships and Communication
  11. Instructional Technologies
For Parents:  This blog contains a wide variety of articles about art education parents may find entertaining. Parents may also view photographs of their work and participation in the classroom or from exhibits at "The Student Gallery" that will be posted in the near future.

For Web Searches: In time I will expand upon the "Questions and Answers" page in order to direct traffic to those topics posted under this category.

DEDICATIONS
I would like to personally thank all of the faculty and administration at the University for the professional care and industry they have invested in both the art education department and also the education department.  I would also like to express my love and affection for both my family and friends who have invested time, energy, and enthusiasm in my art education and my teaching career. Their belief in my education has made possible the experiences I bring to the classroom, to my community, and to this little internet resource. I would like to thank God for His guidance and perseverance in the development of my character and artistic abilities. 

kathy grimm copyright 2011 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment