These art journal pages were obviously inspired by Andy Warhol. Can you guess what they are made from? Vinyl. The flowers come from a recycled old shower curtain. These were stitched into the book of course, no glue would properly hold them. On the right page, I included a pocket for mementos and letters.
A close-up of the loud, splashy design. I made no attempt to conceal the stitching.
My art journal sampler is getting loaded. Soon I will need to paint on my sample pages only. I like to work with a variety of textures, however, so that my students can learn that the sky is the limit in the manipulation of materials. “Upcycling” is the key to creating unique art journals.
- Levi’s Channels Andy Warhol (fabsugar.com)
- Andy Warhol’s Brother Says Drawing Bought at Garage Sale Is a Fake (theatlanticwire.com)
- New Andy Warhol Exhibit Display At La Salle University Art Museum (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- Michael Bracewell’s top 10 art books (guardian.co.uk)
- Andy Warhol (artsnapperrecs.wordpress.com)
- Fab Flash: Marc Jacobs = Andy Warhol (fabsugar.com)
- Fifteen minutes of infamy (theage.com.au)
- ‘Most extensive’ Warhol exhibit in Virginia Beach (hamptonroads.com)
- On Our Radar: Diane von Furstenberg and Andy Warhol Reunite (fabsugar.com)
- Devon man picks up £1.3 million early Andy Warhol sketch at car boot sale (itv.com)