Friday, April 4, 2014

the "warhol" art journal page


       These art journal pages were obviously inspired by Andy Warhol. Can you guess what they are made from? Vinyl. The flowers come from a recycled old shower curtain. These were stitched into the book of course, no glue would properly hold them. On the right page, I included a pocket for mementos and letters.


A close-up of the loud, splashy design. I made no attempt to conceal the stitching. 

       
       My art journal sampler is getting loaded. Soon I will need to paint on my sample pages only. I like to work with a variety of textures, however, so that my students can learn that the sky is the limit in the manipulation of materials. “Upcycling” is the key to creating unique art journals.

Related Articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment