|I gifted a few letters to a daughter, sealed inside|
a wooden decoupaged purse.
Brief Description: So cute and so chick, this wooden purse is actually a letter box for all of those handwritten messages you'd like to keep for sentimental reasons. I decoupaged my letter box with stamps and gave it as a gift to a certain someone that I knew collected old letters.
- Mod Podge
- soft bristle brush
- 3D alphabet stickers
- real stamps and or sheet of stamps for collage work only
- wooden box shape (I chose a purse with a bamboo handle and brass latch.)
- tacky white glue
- First make sure the surface of the wooden box you intend to decorate is free from dust and dirt and dry if you wipe it down with a damp cloth.
- Apply a generous but not messy coat of Mod Podge to a small area of the box and layer stamps onto it in a way that seems pleasing to you.
- let this area dry a little to the touch and then brush a coat of Mod Podge over the top of the stamps. Now repeat this step over until the entire wooden box has been covered. Dray overnight.
- Use a tacky white glue to apply 3 dimensional alphabet stickers to the front. Spell out the recipient's name if you like.
How It's Made - postage stamps